Amazing Facts about Genes

What are Genes? How do diseases pass from parents to children? These are some of the common questions we often ask ourselves. 

Simply put, genes are the functional units of heredity since they are made of DNA. They are inherited by children from their parents. Genetics is all about studying the science of genes, heredity, and the genome. So why is this important? Simply because your genetics will determine your characteristics and, more importantly, your susceptibility to diseases. Additionally, a lot has changed over the past few years when it comes to gene testing. In fact, we now can test over 100 diseases before pregnancy or predict cancer before the cells develop. Researchers are using our genes to better target responses to diseases. However, much is yet to be achieved. 

Control Your DNA

Here are some interesting facts about genes to help you navigate the world of genetic testing:

  1. Heredity: Genes are responsible for all the characteristics we inherit from our parents and even grandparents.
  2. The numbers are huge: We have 28,000 to 30,000 genes in each cell and 12,000 to 13,000 genes in each of our chromosomes. This makes our body a swarm of genes.
  3. Genes contain information: You read it right! Each gene in chromosomes includes an essential piece of information required to build proteins in our body that is quintessential for any organism. Simply put, this information can be vital in determining your current nutritional and fitness status. Combine this data with your genetics, and it provides you with a direction on how to lead a healthy lifestyle and increase your longevity.
  4. We are copies of our parents due to genes: There are 28,000 to 30,000 genes in each cell of the human body responsible for hereditary. This is also a key reason why we are similar to our parents in the way we look, such as our complexion, hair colour, etc. This also includes hormones and, in some instances, hormonal imbalances. So if you are suffering from hair loss, unexplained weight gain or weight loss, sleep disturbances, you can get your hormones in check to lead a good quality of life.
  5. We are all similar: Did you know that all of us, humans, are very similar to each other. Why? Because all of us share 99 per cent of the same genes. The remaining 1 per cent is what is inherited from our parents.

Finally, did you know that genes can be analyzed by genome mapping, helping us determine our body composition and, most importantly, make the right changes to prevent diseases and adopt the proper lifestyle? Even some of the chronic ailments such as Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, premature ageing, gastrointestinal disorders, hormonal imbalance, fibromyalgia, to name a few, can be controlled using genome mapping.

Experts such as K&H Personalized Medicine believe in the right combination of health and technology to foster a healthy lifestyle. This is the new face of treatment, which will help contain diseases at their root. For more information, visit https://khdreamlife.com today! 


Author

A bespoke conceptual clinic, which is first of its kind in our country. We combine genomic medicine with the latest advances in the field of modern medicine to develop a personalized plan for each of our patients. Treat yourself with a world class experience in a relaxed setting.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.